Have you been feeling depressed lately? Are you discouraged and not sure if you’ll ever feel good again?
If so, we recommend you use 24/7 depression hotline numbers to get the support you need. Depression is a crippling mood disorder that eats away your energy, leaving you in a state of no motivation or pleasure in the things you once used to enjoy. The World Health Organization estimates that almost 300 million people suffer from depression worldwide. More than 16 million people experience a major depressive disorder in the United States alone. While the situation may seem hopeless, many people have and are recovering from depression. You can talk to others going through the same thing through forums and support groups and take up therapy with a licensed professional.
Seeking help through these methods is the first step to defeating depression and taking back control over yourself. Another way to seek help is using crisis and depression hotline number. These numbers enable you to make toll-free calls and communicate with people who understand what you’re going through and want to provide social support. The benefits of using these crisis hotlines that you can enjoy are:-
-They are available 24/7 and primarily free of charge.
-They care and are willing to listen. Having someone who genuinely wants to hear what you say is a rewarding experience.
-They talk to many others and know the tools to help those going through the same things you are.
Following are various hotlines that provide support for depression, classified according to their location or coverage.
24/7 Depression Hotline Number
Depression Hotline Numbers 24/7 USA
If you’re suffering from depression, it can be tough to pick up the phone and talk to a stranger about your mental health problems. Trust us: these calls are entirely safe and confidential. You can share your authentic feelings and feel better by talking about what you’re going through.
If you’re going through an emergency and need immediate assistance, call 911. For other related inquiries and support, feel free to call on these toll-free numbers:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: This 24-hour suicide prevention helpline specializes in handling all circumstances and supporting suicide and emotional distress. Phone Number: 1-(800)-273‑TALK (8255)
- Disaster Distress Helpline: This depression hotline number 24/7 can help assist you if you’re suffering from depression, anxiety, or other mental health issues such as stress disorder. It provides 24-hour free and confidential information about mental health and assistance in English and Spanish. Call 800-662-HELP (4357) to seek guidance.
- The Trevor Project: This is a toll-free and confidential 24-hour hotline number for suicidal youths, especially those belonging to the LGBTQ community. Phone Number: 1-866-488-7386
- Veterans Crisis Online: If you’re a veterinarian and struggle with depression or any other deliberating mental and physical health problems, call, text, or chat online 24/4 for immediate support. Phone 1-800-273-8255 and press 1, or text a message to 838-255.
- Crisis Text Line: This 24/7 crisis hotline number text is suitable for anyone in crisis. It helps in connecting you to a qualified crisis counselor via text. Text HOME to 741-741 in the U.S.
Depression Hotline Number: Illinois
- In-Touch Crisis Hotline: It Provides free 24/7 hr crisis intervention and referral services to UIC students and members of the greater Chicagoland area. Call (312) 996-5535 (6:00 pm-10:30 pm Nightly) or visit the UIC Counseling Center in person (8:30 am-5:00 pm on Weekdays)
- Illinois Warm Line: If you, your friends, or your loved ones are battling depression or facing substance use challenges, try them once. The specialists here are experienced in mental health services, recovery support, mentoring, and counseling. Feel free to call 866-359-7953 to seek immediate assistance.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline (24 hours): Need immediate crisis support? Feel free to call (800) 273-TALK (8255) for assistance.
Depression Hotline Number: South Africa
- Akeso Psychiatric Response Unit: Akeso Psychiatric Response Unit offers 24-hour confidential service to people who require immediate psychiatric treatment in South Africa. Call: Tel: 0861-435-787
- Befrienders Bloemfontein: This crisis hotline for depression offers 24-hour emotional support to anyone experiencing despair, distress, or depression. Face-to-face counseling services are also available to callers with access to Bloemfontein. Call on this number: 27 (0) 51-444-5000
- Cipla 24hr Mental Health Helpline: This crisis hotline for depression offers 24hr free mental health support and counseling to people living in South Africa and undergoing depression or at risk of suicide. Call: 0800-456-789
Depression Hotline Number: Philippines
- Hopeline: Hopeline is a 24/7 suicide prevention and crisis hotline & text line number in the Philippines. Call: (02) 804-4673
- Tawag Paglaum—Centro Bisaya: It offers 24hr confidential telephonic services for the people living in Cebu suffering from suicide and depression crises. Feel safe to be open and honest with them as they will listen to your thoughts and can refer professional help to you. Call: (0939) 937-5433
- The National Center for Mental Health Crisis Hotline: The National Center for Mental Health Crisis Hotline provides 24hr toll-free call service to people living in the Philippines who are depressed or at risk of suicide. Call: (02) 989-8727(telephone) or depression hotline number text at (0917) 899-8727 (cellphone)
Depression Hotline Number: Canada
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness: It’s a 24/7 hr crisis hotline & text line for people living in Canada and thinking about vomiting suicide. Telephonic and online counseling are available in languages like English and French. Call: 1 (855) 242 3310 or connect to the online Hope for Wellness chat for immediate assistance.
- Canadian Indian Residential Schools Crisis Line: A 24hr National Indian Residential School Crisis Line has been provided to immediately assist former residential school students. Call: 1 (866) 925 4419
- Ontario Mental Healthline: This mental health help hotline number provides free mental health services and counseling to the people living in Ontario(province in Canada). Call: 1 (866) 531 2600
Depression Hotline Number: UK
- Samaritans.: If you’re suffering from a crisis and need help, don’t feel shy to pick up your phone and talk to them. Samaritans provide 24/7 mental health services to people living in the UK. Feel free to call 116 123 (toll-free number), email email@example.com or visit some branches in person.
- SANEline: If your loved one needs mental health support, call SANEline on 0300-304-7000 (4.30 pm–10.30 pm every day).
- National Suicide Prevention Helpline UK offers a hotline number for supportive listening services to anyone suffering from depression or having suicidal thoughts. You can call the National Suicide Prevention Helpline UK on 0800 689 5652 (open 24/7).
Crisis Hotline: India
- Sangath: Sangath is a not-for-profit organization based in Goa, India. Sangath provides free telephone counseling services and self-management resources in Hindi, English, Marathi, and Konkani languages for young people requiring support. Call 011-41198666 (10 am to 6 pm)
- Vandrevala Foundation: This Depression Helpline 24/7 India for Mental Health to help patients struggling with mental health and depression problems. The Helpline currently operates in Pan India. English, Hindi, and all other major Indian regional languages are available. Counseling is also available via the website via chat, email, and WhatsApp. Call Depression Helpline 24/7 India: 9999 666 555 | WhatsApp: +1(256)6662142
- Connecting Trust: Connecting Trust is a non-judgemental, trustworthy, confidential, and anonymous space for those feeling low, depressed, distressed, and/or suicidal. Helpline: +91-9922001122, +91-9922004305 (12 pm to 8 pm)
Crisis Hotline Number Text: Australia
- CAREinMIND Wellbeing Support Service: Professionals are available 24/7 to help with your mental health issues through phone and online counseling. The problems you can take here include grief, stress, worry, depression, suicidal thoughts, and anxiety.
Helpline: 1300 096 269 and video support available through their website.
- Lifeline: As the name suggests, lifeline is emotional distress, suicide prevention, and mental health support service. It provides you support, help, hope and care in times of need. The lifeline community is involved with the local landscape of mental health in Australia
Helpline: 13 11 14 or through their website.
Crisis Hotlines Worldwide
- Befriends Worldwide: This site provides a comprehensive directory where you can find adequate support services depending on your location. It aims to make help accessible for all those in need and is run primarily by volunteers. You can access these services through their website.
Dealing with depression can be challenging, and you may not have the help you deserve in times of need. Using hotlines is an option that lets you talk openly about your deepest worries and get the emotional support of someone who truly cares. Some hotlines also offer you insights and tips for better recovery and recommendations for where you can get help. Increasing your mental health awareness takes you one step toward healing and being happy in life. On that note, here is a quiz that tests your understanding of mental health.
Subscribe to Your Mental Health Pal to learn about mood disorders and how you and your loved ones can get the help they need in time. For premium products catered to your emotional needs, head over to Your Mental Health Shop.