One in every 4 persons will have a mental health condition at some point in their lives. Mental health awareness is critical because so many individuals still struggle to completely appreciate the topic of mental health and understand how to help those with mental health issues feel encouraged and supported in their role.
Bad mental health may have a huge influence on people’s day-to-day lives, particularly in the workplace.
To test your mental health awareness quiz, take our simple quiz below.
(Answers are given at the end of the blog post)
1. What are the effects of eating disorders on people?
A. They are only interested in eating unhealthy foods.
B. They are obsessive about arranging meals weeks in advance.
C. They are worried about their weight and their relationship with food.
D. They’re simply concerned about consuming what they can afford.
2. In a year, how many people will suffer from a mental health problem?
A. 1 in 6
B. 1 in 3
C. 1 in 4
D. 1 in 10
3. What is the most common mental illness in the United States?
A. Eating Illnesses
4. What percentage of youngsters have a mental health problem at any one period?
A. 15% of the total
B. 10% of the total
C. 5% of total
D. 20% discount
5. Do you know how many people are affected by depression?
A. 1 in 5
B. 1 in 3
C. 1 in 10
D. 1 in 12
6. Who is the most at risk of committing suicide?
7. How many prisoners have a mental illness?
A. 1 in 2
B. 1 in 5
C. 9 in 10
D. 1 in 3
8. How many people have a mental health condition globally?
A. 300 million
B. 450 million
C. 100 million
D. 550 million
9. What physical symptoms of depression do not exist?
A. Getting more sleep
B. Sex drive has dwindled
D. Appetite loss
10. In the US, how many people suffer from an eating disorder?
A. 0.5 million
B. 1.7 million
C. 0.9 million
D. 1.1 million
11. How many women have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder compared to men?
12. Which option is NOT an indication of a mental health problem?
B. Low self-confidence
C. Withdrawal from social situations
D. Bones are broken.
13. What should you avoid doing if you’re having a conversation regarding someone’s mental health?
A. Reassure the individual.
B. Tell them you’ll bring it up with other people.
C. Pose simple questions and invite people to share their experiences.
D. Select a suitable location that makes them feel at ease.
14. Poor mental health raises the chance of long-term (chronic) physical ailments like
- A. Heart disease
- B. Stroke
- C. Cancer
- D. All of the above
15. Mental health problems are
- A.Very Common
- B. Not Very Common
- C. Fairly Common
- D. Not At All Common
16. Suicide is the___leading cause of mortality in the United States among those aged 15 to 34
- A. 24th
- B. 10th
- C. 40th
- D. 2nd
17. Mental health is?
- A. More than the absence of mental disorders
- B. Only important for some people
- C. An essential part of overall health and wellbeing
- D. None of the above
18. If you know someone who is suffering from mental illness, you can help them by
- A.Getting in touch with them and informing them that assistance is available
- B. Assisting them in obtaining mental health services
- C. Learning and sharing mental health information is important, especially if you listen to something inaccurate.
- D. All of the above
19. People who have mental illness are often violent
- A. True
- B. False
We hope you have honestly taken this mental health awareness quiz. Now it is time for results. Here are the answers to the quiz.
Answers : 1.(C), 2.(C), 3.(C), 4.(B), 5.(A), 6.(A), 7.(C), 8.(B), 9.(A), 10.(D), 11.(B), 12.(D), 13.(B), 14.(D), 15.(A), 16.(D), 17.(C), 18.(D), 19.(B)
Drop your scores on the mental health awareness quiz in the comment box.
Now that you have your mental health awareness score, we hope you will be more mindful about taking care of your and your loved ones’ mental health. If you or someone you know has been dealing with mental health issues, it is important to seek timely professional help. Therapy is a powerful tool for dealing with mental health issues.
Access to therapy is much easier now with the advent of online therapy platforms. To learn more about the top online therapy platforms, click here.