College is a rollercoaster journey. It is exhilarating and fun but also overwhelming and draining at times. The stress of constantly being your personal, academic, and social best catches up to you, and you start to feel drained and exhausted. Soon loneliness sets in, and you begin to feel alone in a room full of people.
In those overwhelming moments, you need a companion that can help you unravel what’s going on inside of you and make sense of your feelings.
And you know what that perfect partner is?
Now, don’t roll your eyes at us. We all know that journaling might seem too much when you are overwhelmed. But trust us when we say that it is a great outlet to pour your anxious emotions, retrospect on your situation, and find a way out.
So now you know that journaling is important. But how do you get started when all you have is a blank intimidating piece of paper staring back at you?
Well, this is where our perfectly curated journal prompts for college students come in.
In this post, we will take you through our list of journal prompts for college students that will provoke, inspire, and guide you in the tumultuous journey of your campus life.
So whether you are looking to regulate your emotions, calm your nerves, or just make a healthy addition to your life, these journal prompts for college students are perfect for you. Let’s dive in.
Journal Prompts For College Students
1. Write about a part of your college life that makes you feel extremely happy or sad.
2. What have you been procrastinating about for some time now? Why are you doing so?
3. Write an introduction about yourself for someone who would want to know you on a deeper level.
4. Write about something that you are truly passionate about in your life.
5. Describe an incident in your life where you felt you truly changed as a person.
6. What does friendship mean to you? Write about your friendships in college.
7. What drew you to the course you are pursuing right now?
8. Define your expectations for your future.
9. Write about an incident where you stepped out of your comfort zone and what you learned.
10. What has been the highlight of your past week or month?
11. How do you truly feel at this particular moment? Are you okay?
12 What makes you get hard on yourself? What do you do in those moments when you don’t feel enough?
Read more: 5 Tips On How To Stay Motivated In College
13. What is the best thing you have learned this semester?
14. Who is your most or least favourite professor in college, and why?
15. Describe the most embarrassing moment of your college life until now.
16. Write a letter to the person you were in high school. Think about what you would want to tell the teenage you.
17. Write a letter to your future self.
18. What is the meaning of love for you?
19. What are you currently thankful for in your life?
20. What part of your regular college day do you enjoy the most?
21. Describe something about yourself that most people don’t know.
22. Write about a hobby or interest outside of academic life that really makes you feel happy and fulfilled.
23. Describe a place in your college campus that really makes you feel at home or holds a special place in your heart.
24. Who is the best person you have met in college?
25. Write about a life goal that scares you, and think about how you plan to achieve it.
Journaling for college students can have multiple benefits. It can help you gain a better sense of self-awareness, enhance your writing skills, and elevate your mental well-being. However, even with all these proven benefits, starting to write a journal is tough. We hope this list of ‘journal prompts for college students will help you get started.
Not a fan of journaling? Here are other good hobbies for mental health that you can try to uptick your well-being. To continue learning more about journaling and mental health, subscribe to Your Mental Health Pal.